Today was wear out the baby day.
He's been waking up before 5 for the past three days, so today, we aren't taking any chances. He gets one 20 minute nap, and then we plan to be running, climbing, sliding, rock throwing, and tennis playing until this little guy is so worn out he begs to go to sleep for 12 hours. First on this list:
1. Rock throwing at the creek, this time with Daddy who spent the afternoon with us (yeah!!)He's been waking up before 5 for the past three days, so today, we aren't taking any chances. He gets one 20 minute nap, and then we plan to be running, climbing, sliding, rock throwing, and tennis playing until this little guy is so worn out he begs to go to sleep for 12 hours. First on this list:



We spent two hours at the creek, and Ben was tired, but not tired enough. So after wards we went to the park, and then played tennis and then pizza for dinner.
When all was said and done Ben walked in his room at 6:30 looking for his jammies and said "seeping seeping." So we succeeded, he was pooped.
Update: Wear-out-the-baby day didn't work. Our little friend woke up at 5. Dang it.

6 comments:
Oh girl! This could SOOO have been me writing this post. We have had WAAAAY too many of those 5 a.m. mornings lately. DRIVES ME CRAZY! I thought I would try that same thing--didn't work. :) And I realized that I would MUCH rather have my 3 hours of naps in the afternoon and a kid who wakes up at 5 than wear myself AND them out every spare second of the day!!! :) CRAZY KIDS, and crazy time change that throws all life off!!!!
What in the heck? That really stinks. Is it because of the time change? I am having daylight savings issues myself, but nothing that drastic. At least mine knows her numbers and I tell her not to bother me until she sees a & at the beginning. Good luck.
Dang...we're having the same problem at my house. Must be the time change...
Henderson went through the same thing around Bens age. Except he never grew out of it! No matter how late we make him stay up or how little of a nap I let him take, he's still up at 7:30 on the dot-which is still early for me! I don't know how to make them sleep in longer...when you find out, let me know! At least he's adorable and those boots are too :)
I love his little boots! So cute! Good luck getting the little guy to sleep! :)
I love the picture of jay and ben sitting together. I don't know why but that looks so sweet. Father and son sitting together in the leaves. how cute.
Post a Comment