
Today I put him down for his nap in his crib, but when I heard him trying to open the door I knew it was a REALLY bad sign that he had learned how to climb out. Now what am I supposed to do? He climbs right out! So he slept in my bed for his nap and went right to sleep...figures. This could be a problem. Any advice on how to get him to stay in his crib? I don't want him to fall and break his arm in the night, but I don't want to get rid of the crib either?! And he can't just play in his room or sleep on the floor, because he can lock the door from the inside and I can't get in! (jay can unlock it....we've had to do it before...whoops)
I have a feeling this is really going to cut into my sewing time. :)
12 comments:
Sorry!
I don't have any advise for you how to solve this may be problem. But i did had a little laugh when i saw the pictures...
I don't know if you scrap but they are very scrapable! Love it!
Good luck whit finding a solution!
(sorry, my english isn't very good, it's because i'm dutch!)
A sheet of ply wood and a large rack should do the trick..... or maybe razor wire accross the top. A fencer, tracor supply out there should have them. : )
Cute pictures! My friend used one of these( http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=6372421&sourceid=1500000000000003260330&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=6372421 ) and loved it, I am sure you could find a cheaper one on ebay or something but hopefully you will figure something out that works.
It might be time to do a toddler bed, because i'm sure he climb out at every opportunity and get a new door knob for the time being. As for keeping him in, my mom did a hook and eye on the outside of my door when I was his age, becuase I would climb up the shelves onto the fridge and eat the syrup before she was awake in the morning. Scary. ...and the freezer was on the bottom and I knew ice cream lived there. :)
Get him a big boy bed! then he wont fall out and change to door knob so it wont lock. I liked it when Kenidee learned how to open doors then I didn't have to go get her out of bed.
We dealt with the same thing with Titan, only he's not so graceful at climbing out. He's such a little guy that he pulls himself up and flips up and over. It's okay getting into the crib, though he often crunches on his head...it scared me thinking of him trying to get out. We thought about the tent that fits inside, but opted for the toddler bed. Mostly he's good, but we've gone through a bad streak during naps where he is Captain Destructo...he's broken the tape player, torn many books, and dumped all of the drawers out of the organizer on the desk...yuck! My dentist (who is a good family friend) suggested putting a large patch of velcro on the bed and then the opposite piece on the back of pajamas. At least that makes it harder for him to get out. We haven't tried it yet...I just keep putting him back in time and time again in hopes that he sleeps. Several times it's meant no naps...yuck! Good luck! Oh the joys of motherhood! At least it makes you laugh!
Oh no! That's a nail-biter. I have a few friends who have taken the doorknobs off, and reversed them so that it locks from outside the bedroom. Wouldn't keep him in his crib, but at least he wouldn't get out in the night and wander around. I have another friend who bought a crib tent and swore by it.
p.s. can he climb out if you take the bumper pads off?
ughh! yikes...such a sad day!
Hey Couz, he is gettin so big! Such a cutie! When Aldon started climbing out we took off that front bumper and also just the front crib rail came off to make it a toddler bed, and I bought one of those little safety 1st mesh bed rails that hook on to any mattress to keep them from falling out of bed if they roll. It hooks on and goes about 3/4 of the way down the open side of the crib, so it leaves them a little entry way to climb in n out of the crib. He loved it so much that he was finally able to get up on his own, and we used incentives to get him to stay in bed for naps and to fall asleep at night etc... if he stayed in bed when we put him in there and didn't climb out then he could pick a favorite cereal to eat in the morning(sugar one,of course)!
Of coarse I have advise! just put a heavy board on top of the crib. If you must, put some weights on the board so he can't lift it off. trust me, it works everytime! i use it in baby sitting often. ;)
My mom used to put the door knob on backwards so that we couldn't lock ourselves in.
Post a Comment