Tuesday, November 18, 2008

On the Agenda

Today was one of those days. One of those days where I put sweats on Ben (and myself) because I know we aren't going to see anybody. And one of those days where I have a long list of things to entertain Ben while we're inside all day. And....its snowing buckets outside, so I'm pretty sure we're going to have a few more of "these" days this week. So here's what was on our To-Do list today:


1. Splash all bath water from the tub to the floor..........while Mom mops up the floor and fills up the tub.



2. Watch Fraggle Rock. Remember Fraggle Rock? It doesn't seem as cool as I remembered it, but Ben loved it, even though he fell asleep.



3. Nap on the couch. This is the FIRST time I've ever let him nap on the couch. But he slept over 2 hours without moving at all! And I got to sew.



4. Venture outdoors to play in the snow.


He wasn't so sure about the snow. He kept calling it yucky. But once he learned about snowballs, he was hooked. Crazy hair picture alert!


5. Blow up air mattresses and jump on them.
I have these two air mattresses from when we moved to Ohio and we didn't have a bed. Sams Club only had these air mattresses left, and they were 8 bucks for both and a pump, so i thought we were getting a screamin' deal. Come to find out, they are meant for 8 year old slumber parties and only 5 ft. long. Needless to say that wasn't the best night of sleep ever. But they do make good trampolines.



6. Play in the sink.
This is the first time I've let him do this too. And boy was it a hit! He stayed here for over an hour, and screamed when I made him get down! This is definetly staying on the To Do list everyday.


So that was our day. I already have my list for tomorrow just in case its another one of "those" days.

5 comments:

Powell Family said...

That sounds like a fun day! We haven't gotten any snow here and I'm totally sad about it!

Jennifer M said...

Okay--this is one of my favorite posts ever of yours! Could Ben possibly be any cuter?

Unknown said...

What a fun day!

So there's snow there!
Here it's just a sad grey day. Wish it was white, but i guess that won't happen here. Maybe with christmass! :-)

Mama Megs said...

I forget that other people in the world have snow this time of year! It's still 85 here-ahh I so sick of it being sunny (is it possible?) Last year in Idaho we went through a TON of playdough, blanket forts and cardboard box houses during the "snowy season"... I bet Ben would love those as much as Henderson did :)

Ashley said...

He really is all boy isn't he? So much energy, I love it!! And I love "those" days, especially in this cold weather. It's a struggle for me to even get out of bed. Which is why I strolled into work at 9;)

Too funny about the air mattresses!! If we come and stay for thanksgiving, maybe we need to bring our own??? hahah. j/k!!