Sunday, October 5, 2008

Kirltland, Ohio


Kirtland is only half an hour from our house and we finally went there today. It was really cool, super beautiful and we learned TONS of cool church history. So if you want to come visit us we'll add it to your list of things to do while your here. They had tons of original sites, like the Whitney Store above, where Joseph Smith and Emma stayed for a while, and the prophet and priesthood met and received Doctrine. It was very interesting and in such a beautiful area!




6 comments:

Day Family Blog said...

You know I love it out here in the west, but there is a lot of things to see in this country. There sure is a lot of pretty stuff and great history near you.

~Amber jo~ said...

I wish i could go visit and see it. I'm so jealous of momma. The only pitty is that the church doesn't own the temple. bumber! that would be so cool to do work in the first temple ever built in these latter days. oh well, may someday we'll be able to.

Reed Family said...

I thought that area was way cool to visit too! How fun to have your parents with you.
I had to tell you too, I visited your etsy site and HOLY COW you are so talented! Where in the world do you find such cute fabric? If I had some money, I would be one of your best customers!

Jessica Marie said...

That's so awesome! I new there was history there, but never checked it when I passed through. Maybe next time. Kevin's family lives in Dayton, Ohio, so next time we visit, we'll have to check it out!

pattio's place said...

I recognize this place. Wow, what a fun memmory. Thanks Al and Jay for letting us crash for the night and letting me have a taste of how fun it is to be a G=ma. I could have easily stolen Ben and he would have been cool with it!! Hope you saw the John Johnson house which is also 1/2 hr. from your home. Fun, fun,fun! Patti

Brianne said...

Well, for sure by March I'm gonna have to do something! Wish you were here to do some grunt work with me in that class. Every time I look at your blog I am amazed at how DANG cute your little stud is getting. It seems like he grows so much more now because we don't see him everyday.