Sunday, October 5, 2008

Amish Country...again


We ventured out to Amish Country again yesterday with my parents that are visiting. We went to a FABULOUS antique festival in one town, and a FABULOUS fabric store in another, and went to a cute little animal park and pumpkin farm. It was lots of fun, and all the beautiful white homes decorated for fall. I love the simple lifestyle and the peace I feel being there, it makes it harder every time to come back to the busy busy life we have here. I think I could live an Amish lifestyle, if I had electricity, and flushing toilets, and running water, and a SUV, and my sewing machine, and a microwave, and an oven, and a washing machine, and a dryer, and a dishwasher, and a Costco. Yep, I could definitely live like the Amish.




4 comments:

~Amber jo~ said...

yeah, if i had all that stuff too, i would deffinatly go amish! Oh wait, that would be the same as i am right now. he he

Jessica Marie said...

Love the pic of Ben with the pumpkin! What a cutie pumpkinooty!

Brianne said...

I miss those huge teethy smiles!!!!

pattio's place said...

Who wouldn't want to be amish with all that fun stuff! We actually saw a couple of amish gals with their long dresses and Straight pins to fasten their belt-like sashes. Sure wanted to see their village and eat their yummy bread!!