Friday, January 30, 2009

Suggestions anyone?


This is what happens when I try to sleep in. Bad things. Like permanent marker ALL over my computer monitor, keyboard, and desk. I've yet to try anything, but I've been told magic eraser, do you think it will hurt the screen? For now I'm just living with it, and all of your cute blog pictures have black permanent marker through them.

ps. I remember going to my friend Brianne's house when I was child-less and her little girl doing something like this. And I remember thinking that I will NEVER let my kids get a hold of a permanent marker, and especially near the computer with it! Ha! I'm eating my words, what goes around comes around doesn't it?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a single mom. I have a 3 year old and 1 year old. There are days that both of my kids sleep until 11am and I love those days. The other day I thought my 3 year old was sleeping, so I slept in. When I finally got up because of my 1 year old alarm clock, I found out that my 3 year old terror colored ALL OVER my laminate floor with marker as well as her dolls and the coffee table.

Magic eraser shouldn't hurt it. But you know what takes anything off? Baby wipes. I'm an artist and in art school we always used baby wipes for oil paint, acrylic, charcoal...everything! if not, try magic eraser. it shouldn't hurt the screen at all.

Suzanne said...

Send him to his grandparents! (with the marker)

Rachel Holloway said...

If you're worried about the screen but want to see if it works, at least try a small spot to see. I think it will work fine!!! And yes, it is MAGIC! :)

Livingstone Family said...

ALWAYS what goes around comes around, good lesson to learn early!Before I had Maggie I had bought this beautiful new changing table for her and Johnny took permenent marker to it, his bed frame, and the wall. Seriously, I swear by Magic Eraser, it wasn't invented until years later, but that changing table was the first thing I tried it on and it really worked! Good luck! Haven't you learned that there is NO sleeping in???????

Cari said...

That would be a shocker to wake up to!!! Ben was probably so proud of his artistic abilities.

Brianne said...

Ours was red ball point pen...I can't believe you remember that! I don't remember using anything but water, however ours wasn't permanent. I'd go with the eraser. Screens are tougher than we thing sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Goo Gone. Try a small test spot first. Or, Grace once drew on my floors with permenant and Mitchel's orange hand cleaner got it off. Try Black fingernail polish on cream carpet when your baby sitting your nephew, who before the polish, just ripped a hole in your couch and pulled out the stuffing on the arm and THEN colored with permanent marker on your desk which is still there.
Ahh, the good times!
:)Kirsten

Ward & Brianne said...

That is heart wrenching and hilarious all at the same time. Ward & I were the perfect parents....until we had kids :) Have you had any luck getting it off? Monica once wrote on the dashboard in our Honda with permanent marker. We used rubbing alcohol and a lot of elbow grease and it came out. Good luck!

Jessica Marie said...

Liz Parson wrote in her blog that she got advise to use Off bug spray. Maybe that will get it off? good luck! I'm so sorry that happened.