Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Art work

I learned early on that silence means trouble 99.9% of the time. If he's quiet, he's doing something naughty. As was the case yesterday, when I found him behind his dresser. He was obviously hiding from me, since it was a matter of time until I found the "artwork" he had created on the walls with a purple crayon. But then he flashed me that face, and I just laughed and took a picture. Maybe next time I'll remember to discipline him before I laugh. Maybe.


If you enlarge the picture above you can see the crayon above his head. Its the first time he's discovered drawing on the walls. Lucky me. :) And yes, I know he has a mullet. I know you were thinking it, just not saying it. Its bad, but I hate cutting his hair more than I hate his mullet. So it stays.

Yesterday we organized and cleaned Ben's room. His room was spotless for about 20 seconds, and then it looked like this again. He was really rockin' out when I took this picture.
I hope you are all having a nice week! We are cold cold cold, but still finding lots to do and keeping ourselves busy. Today is library day, which means I better go shower before you-know-who wakes up from his nap!

8 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

At least it was crayon--Magic eraser will do wonders. My kids first experimented on the wall with super sized black permanent marker. ALL OVER. I was mortified...of course because I said my kids would NEVER even THINK to do such a thing... :)

What a funny little guy. He makes me laugh!!

Jennifer M said...

Creativity at its best!

Mama Megs said...

Yes Magic Eraser does WONDERS! I can't live without it. Everything I own has had some sort of artwork on it. Some stuff I can't bear to erase so it will stay there for forever! Glad you guys are doing great and I'm jealous you live in a SAFE area!!!!

Trent and Dianne Rencher said...

How could you ever be mad at someone in "car's" pj's, a purple crayon and a smile like that?

Brianne said...

Allison, Allison...you seriously amaze me!!! That quilt is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love it! I wish I could quilt like that...So I got my much needed sewing machine for Christmas, but no sewing kit so I haven't been able to get started yet...and now I have a baby...so one day...

Sarah said...

I know what you mean about the silence = trouble. Kaia is definitely guilty of that. Her and the boys new thing is getting into all of the cupboards in my kitchen. Oh the joys of motherhood! LOL

Ashlee said...

Haha, I should be scared by this post, but I just can't wait til my kid's old enough to be naughty like Ben! Remind me that I said that in two years!!

Ward & Brianne said...

You're such a good mom! That's good that you can laugh about it and take a picture - those are fun memories!