Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Day

Today was a snow day. Which doesn't mean much since everyday is a snow day, but today we got a good 12" of snow or more. And since Jay's car is now nothing but a big white snow bump in the parking lot, he took the Pilot and Ben and I hung out at home and had a jammies day. Ben was very helpful. And energetic. Can't you just feel his energy jumping out of this picture? Did I remind you all he's almost 2? I can't believe it either.

The snow makes for some very good entertainment.
Ben and I especially love watching cars trying to get unstuck in the parking lot across the street. Its great fun. Whenever we hear tires spinning we run to our little window fort and giggle at the poor drivers trying to shovel their tires free with their hands. Don't judge me, you know it sounds like fun. :)

Ben's new word of the day was different. He wanted a different pow pow, different cup, different nuggets, different book, different fork, and about 200 different things today. I'm amazed he even knows how to say different, and even more amazed he actually knows what it means. He's started using full sentences lately too. Like "I can hold it," and "watch this mommy." Its so amazing how their little brains remember everything.

4 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

PROMISE you--last year was not even HALF this bad! I don't know where all this snow came from! It is crazy!!

We seriously played outside all the time las winter--on grass! Even though it was cold...

it will get nice again!

Cairen said...

That sounds like a really fun day! Your trip to Washington looked like fun, especially the sledding down that huge hill. I love how your Dad was like" the neighbors asked us not to sled on it.... but its just too fun.." So funny!

Sarah said...

What a fun day. I think it is so cute that you guys laughed at people trying to get out. LOL It sounds like a lot of fun. Sometimes staying home isn't so bad. =c)

Trent and Dianne Rencher said...

Are those huge icecicles hanging from your outside rooftop, in this picture? If so, those are huge!! It looks too cold.