Monday, August 11, 2008

He's HOME!!!


We can't believe two years has already gone by! Ben came home from his mission to Cuernavaca, MX friday night. We did our best to embarrass him at the airport, and I think we succeeded, after all you only get home from your mission once right? Baby Ben LOVES his uncle! He follows him around and gets into all his stuff and has to see what he's doing at all times. We have to think of a good nickname for baby Ben now that Big Ben is home, so we're still working on that. Anyways we're glad to have you home Elder Ben!!!!

I flew home last Wednesday with Baby Ben to come to the homecoming. Needless to say I was worried about a FIVE hour flight with a BIG 16 month old sitting on my lap the whole way, and it was a night flight. But it turned out great and Continental airlines which has always been SO awesome to us, saved an empty seat next to me so Ben got to sit in his on seat with his seatbelt like a big boy. It was such a relief, I can't imagine if he would have been on my lap the whole way! Jay started school last week so he couldn't come with us, which was SAD because he and Elder Ben are best buds, but he will come out for a few days over labor day and help me fly home. But today Jay is disecting his cadavar anyways so he's probably having more fun..............NOT!!!!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Welcome Home Elder Rencher! I can't believe Ben's home already! It seems like he just left...well to me, I'm sure not to you or your fam! =).

Are you staying at home in WA until Labor Day? I'm so jealous! I need to have a child so I can go play with my parents. Logan's been working 24hr shifts at the hospital already which isn't so fun with me and no job.

We want to come and visit y'all in Cleveland, so let us know when you're home! =)

Brianne said...

Hey welcome home Ben!

Adam

~Amber jo~ said...

so does Big Ben have any quirks? Does he talk faster, or does he ever pause to think of how to say something? I remember Logan talked fast with lots of pauses in weird places. HOW FUN! i wish you guys could have come to the reunion. It would have been way fun to see you guys.