Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy in the Grass




After Ben took a three MINUTE nap instead of a three HOUR nap on Saturday (I know you can't tell from the pictures, but the throwing-a-fit pictures weren't quite as cute) we decided the only way to have some peace was to let Ben play outside in the grass. Three things I've found that fix the crankiness are 1. nakedness 2. dirt 3. water. Despite all our attempts the crankiness was still abundant, but we still had fun playing outside and Jay and Ben had fun playing "swords" with big sticks. Anybody who's dared let their kids around mine knows he likes to hit (I swear I don't know where he learned it!) and now along with the hitting he says "Wack Wack" every time! So I'm open to suggestions on how you stop a one year old from hitting! And no, time out doesn't work! My Mom said that I did the same thing at that age, but she's probably just saying that to be nice, cause I'm sure I was the perfect child at 15 months and would never do such a thing.

1 comment:

pattio's place said...

Wow, Ben is getting so big! He is still so adorable. Does he still the gurgling noise? Wow i didn't think i would miss it so much. thanks for all the fun last time we visited. ps- i love your blog, it is so cute