Monday, September 8, 2008

What I love about my 18 month old........


This is such a fun age! Everyday he makes me laugh and keeps me on my toes. So I thought I better write down some of my favorite things about him right now, before he gets a day older and does something new.

1. He has attitude. Seriously, he wakes up crankier than anybody I know (he gets it from his daddy.....no kidding) In the morning and after naps I go in to get him expecting a warm welcome and he grunts at me and dives to the opposite corner of the crib. Gotta love the crankiness, it makes me laugh.

2. He loves to wrestle. He basically just wants to beat us up all the time. In the mornings I put him in bed with us expecting that any day now he might decide he wants to snuggle.....but no....he would rather body slam us instead.

3. I love his voice, he's saying words like crazy now. And now he's actually using his words, like yesterday when he pointed at the fridge and said cheese perfectly until I got him string cheese. And of course Jay has been teaching him to talk like a ganster, so he walks around saying,"hey dude" pretty much all day.

4. He has to get everything out of everywhere. No drawer left full, no cupboard left organized, no hamper left loaded. He believes that toys are meant to be scattered around the house for easy access, and dirty laundry should be left all over the floor for playing in.....and maybe he's right.

5.When I ask him to come he runs the other way as fast as he can laughing like its the funniest game in the whole world. And usually I can't catch him and everyone is staring at me like I'm chasing a wild monkey.

6. He's teaching me patience like NEVER before. And I've learned that I'm not going to DIE if there are toys all over my floor and dishes in my sink.

7. Even after the hardest days when he has tried my patience to the limit, I still miss him when he's asleep.


6 comments:

Cairen said...

What a sweet post, I know how you feel.. wanting to enjoy every moment of them being so young and cute. But at the same time being so tired of running after them and picking up after them. Its nice to hear that my kids are not the only ones who like toys and dirty clothes all over the floor. Congrats to Jay on getting his white coat, that is fun to be one step closer.

Jennifer M said...

He's too funny. Can't WAIT to see him next month...right?

Mix Family said...

i'm laughing because i can SO relate to most of the stuff you said. caleb wakes up happy, happy (just like HIS dad) but he is mr. independent and loves to pull laundry all over the house and try and wear it too. he runs the opposite way constantly. and i miss him when he sleeps, too. so happy that you guys are having a wonderful time in ohio. look up the harrison family (hailey/david). they are in their 2nd year.

Day Family Blog said...

I love number 6 and 7 because they are so true. It is a good reminder that we will not die if our house isn't as clean as we would like it to be. Yay for nursery, how is he liking it?

~Amber jo~ said...

I want to hear him talk! you should post a video or a sound recorder or something. that would be so fun. you got to love the 18 month stage, lets just hope he will some day grow out of it.

Anonymous said...

Allison, Did you know there is a company called Heritage Makers that will make your blog into a book? It's pricy, but nice quality. I love your boy, and your creativity!
Love,
Kirsten (Davis) Remember me?????