Okay, I admit that in my working days I told many a poor Mom they needed to brush their kids teeth better.......until I had one myself. Seriously how in the heck do you brush a one year olds teeth? I used to use my finger and a washcloth, until he bit me so hard it brought tears to my eyes. And then I tried holding him down, but he's way too crafty to let me get near those chompers. So now I just let him chew on it and do it "himself" which I know doesn't work but does make me feel better about my motherliness. I think this is one battle I'm going to choose to loose......unless you have any better suggestions?
4 comments:
I just lay Henderson down when I'm changing his diaper and give him the toothbrush too. There's not a ton you can do with a squirming kid. My poor child probably looks like an orphan...oh well!
um yah!! I remember thinking the same thing when we'd clean little people's teeth. but whoosh!! it's harder than i thought.
we would let luke do the same thing, just chew on it. then we'd do it ourselves and it was traumatic to say the least and i don't want him to hate brushing his teeth. SOOOO, we started brushing our teeth together. now whenever we brush our teeth he wants his toothbrush and wants to play with the water in the faucet and will 'brush' his teeth.
well, this is a very simple question. What I do that works VERY WELL is just squirt a whole bunch of chocolate syrup on the bristles with it gobbed on everywhere and then proceed to brush his teeth; it works like a charm and for some reason they like it too. Landon R.
I sing when Ellie lets me brush and stop singing when she closes her mouth, so then she opens so that I will keep singing. It works most of the time- but not always. Then we do our overly excited hoorays after she lets me brush them. I also brush them at the same time everyday- so she knows its coming.
Post a Comment