Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Moving.....how much fun is moving?!!!!

New: face wash + shampoo + toilet paper + shaving cream = $15.00

The look on his face when he got caught throwing them in the toilet = priceless.


So I officially hate moving. It was bad enough when I didn't have a 15 month old "helper" to unpack my boxes and throw anything he can find down the stairs. I would have taken a picture of the pile of stuff at the bottom of my stairs that he has "helped" make, but it included most of my clean and dirty laundry that made its way down the stairs before it was folded. Today I went into the garage to get a box and when I came back inside I heard some splashing, only to find he had filled the toilet with everything out of our shower . Again, he is SO helpful. So if anybody wants a really helpful 15 month old......he is for lease the next two days.

The perfect "moving" dinner. Tomorrow will be pizza when I've packed away all my pots.

9 comments:

Cairen said...

Packing and unpacking is probably one of my least favorite things to do, so I hope that it goes quick and not too painful for you. You can't be mad about throwing things in the toilet when he does such a cute little face. I would totally take him on lease for a few days! Too bad we are so far away!

Livingstone Family said...

He sure is cute, if I was closer I'd take him!

Rachel Holloway said...

That was a PRECIOUS picture!

About moving--I wasn't sure if you saw the duplex available on the gathering place blog...do you guys have somewhere to live? A contract? Forrest Ridge keeps calling me asking if you are going to live there--wasn't sure.

Anyway, let me know--if you want pics I can do that too...

Day Family Blog said...

Sorry about the toilet incident, but it sure was funny from the outside. Yeah you just need to find someone to watch him because like you said it is basically impossible to pack with a 15 month old. By that age they are as quick at unpacking as you are at packing. Good luck.

Jessica Marie said...

That is a priceless photo! SOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!! I wish you the best luck with the moving! Moving is never fun, but once you are all done and unpacked, everything put away, you should take a nice hot bubble bath and RELAX! Hey...at least you have a LITTLE helper! :)

~Amber jo~ said...

How much $ are you asking for? What ever it is I will take him! But 2 days isn't enough, how about a couple weeks?! Love your post, it was so funny. Mac and Cheese is the best, even when your not moving, i think. Yumm!

mini-wheats said...

thats a "classic" picture of your boy! We will miss you guys! Jay, drop me a line when you and brandon go golfing so I can play a little with you guys.

Anonymous said...

The toilet picture... Love it. THat is the best face. WHat is it with kiddos and the bathroom?

Anonymous said...

You want to get shot of him already? Aw.... LOL

Though I reckon now would be your best chance. I just tried to get rid of my 24 year old, but no takers. I guess by now his cute's worn off. ;)

Really, you want to keep that boy. He'll be gone soon enough.