Man I’m behind! Grandma Ginger paid us a visit a couple of weeks ago. We had lots of fun visiting Amish Country, church sites, parks and Targets. We’ve been so lucky to have visitors while we’ve been here, and Ben got to see ALL this grandparents in one week! How lucky is that? I’m pretty sure that has never happened.
No visit to Ohio would be complete without a trip to Amish Country. Grandma treated Ben to a pony ride, he wasn’t sure at first but afterwards he begged for more. He needs a pony. And a pooper scooper to clean up after it.
Greedy goats. I wish I had nothing to do but lay around and get fed all day. There were brand new baby goats and pigs and all sorts of other fun animals to pet and feed and smell. And I didn’t get a picture of this…..but the Amish girls that were taking care of the horses didn’t wear ANY shoes! They were barefoot walking in all the poop….excuse me I mean….dung. And they were teenagers, I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t have walked around in dung when I was a teenager.
The green door of the Kirtland Temple. It was pretty inside, and still surprisingly original. It was neat to learn more of the history. While Jay and Ginger went on the tour of old town Kirtland I took Ben to a park. The park had a swampy marshy poopy pond that Ben accidentally fell into. So I had to carry my naked crying swampy marshy poopy pond boy to the bathrooms and attempt to clean swamp goo out of his cracks. It was gross. I wish I had a picture.
Thanks for visiting us Grandma! We loved having you and we can’t wait to see you soon!
3 comments:
awww twinner boys... so cute.
Hahahaha...Poo! I laughed that Ben fell in and how you described cleaning him up! I'm still laughing!
I love the picture of Ben in front of the green door and the last picture of him! ADORABLE!
Aren't visitors the best??? Does Jay get some breaks this summer at all or his school year round? Oh and I totally need info on Amish Country - is there a website or anything?
Love your updates!!
Post a Comment