Friday, March 14, 2008

A Day in the Life of Ben (it was a LONG day so its a LONG post)

First.......he goes up and down the stairs about fifty times. You can tell how proud he is of himself by the HUGE grin on his face!Second....he plays with the lamp and empties out Jay's nightstand. It drives Jay crazy that every morning I let him empty out his nightstand cause it gives me about five extra minutes of laying in bed! Not that it really helps or anything.
Then, he plays with magnets and helps me in the kitchen. He's very helpful. I made these magnets with pictures of his family. Mostly he just chews on them and shoves them under the fridge, which he was doing with my sisters magnet when I took this picture.
Next, he plays in his room and empties out all his toys and books and blankets. He loves his books, he will sit and try to flip the pages forever. He'll point at the pictures and throw the book and get a new one out. Lately his new activity has been to throw a tennis ball under his crib, get the tennis ball and do it again. He did this about twenty times today before his hair got caught under the crib and he decided it wasn't that fun anymore.




That's what Ben does all day! Besides sleeping and eating he's a pretty busy boy! And I keep PLENTY busy picking up after him. I've noticed I'm ALOT more relaxed about stuff out everywhere than I used to be, I think it comes with having a toddler around, you just don't care anymore if there are toys lying around everywhere and you can't walk around without stepping on books. At least he's entertained and happy, and checkout those cheeks! And I know his hair is long and is starting to look like a girl's, but his Grandma Rencher is coming next Thursday and we are going to make her cut it, yeah for Grandma!

3 comments:

Jennifer M said...

Great post, Allison! It's about as close to being a fly on your wall as I can get. He's way too cute. I love hearing about the fun things he does.

Day Family Blog said...

That is a really fun idea for a post, telling the simple things that happen everyday. Why is it that kids love to make messes? I love that you let him go through the bed stand to get 5 more minutes of sleep, I still do things like that with Camille and she is 3. Ben is a cutie

Ashley said...

Those cheeks are my favorite! I loved all of these pics....
Any news of Ohio yet? Have fun with your mom in town!