Sunday, February 10, 2008

I'd rather be in Mexico.....or anywhere that doesn't have so much SNOW!



Today we came back home to LOTS of snow! We had like 2 foot drifts in our driveway, if you can't tell by the picture. Jay's getting quite the workout everytime he shovels the driveway because he has to throw the snow so high up onto the sides. We sat Ben on the snow by our house today, (don't worry jay was standing close in case he decided to fall down) the snow pile Ben is sitting on comes up to my chest and that's not even the deepest! Jay enlisted the help of a neighbor to get all the snow drifts out of the driveway so we could get the Honda in and out (Thank you Chris!) I'm just wondering where all this snow is going to go when it melts, we have about two and a half feet of snow around our window wells. I'm going to start taking volunteers to help shovel water out of our basement when all this water is standing in our yard. For now though the next project is to get all this heavy snow off of our roof! We are glad to be back though, I could get used to seeing green grass all through the winter in Poulsbo, but it was a hectic weekend for Jay getting to and from his interview in Ohio, so we are glad to be back! From the land of snow.....we hope you all have a good week! And if you want some snow to play in you know where to visit!

3 comments:

Jennifer M said...

That snow is amazing, Allison! I don't remember ever seeing that much in my Rexburg days. Aren't you lucky?!

Jessica Marie said...

You poor thing! I can't believe how much there is! YIKES! I haven't seen snow like that in YEARS! I grew up in Utah and I've never seen snow like that! I hope it doesn't go into your basement! Hey...that's enough to make a giant snowman! Take care!

Jaylynn said...

Oh boy, I remember good ol rexburg snow! Only i remember it as Snow and Wind! It's always blowing the snow horizontally, stinging your face and cheeks. And it didn't matter if you were walking different places and then back, it was always uphill and windy snow blowin right against ya! Although that does look like good snow for a serious slide down the snow pile, do you have a baby sled? You could make a tobogan Luuge track (spelling?) anyways you know what I mean. We tried,(it's on our blog) and Aldon had a nice little(compared to yours) sled path down the pile of snow from the shoveled driveway! Have Fun!